Liposuction is not only regarded as possibly the most popular cosmetic treatment in the world, but it’s also one of the most versatile. Liposuction can be performed in a multitude of places all over the body, including the face, except for the area around the eyes which is simply too delicate for the tools currently available. Given time, even that may change.
The following is a list of all the areas liposuction has been successfully used to remove fatty tissue deposits.
- Abdomen – Probably the most commonly asked for liposuction treatment, both the upper and lower abdomen can be treated effectively with great success.
- Back Fat – Commonly called ‘bra fat’, liposuction effectively eliminates it.
- Buffalo Hump – Fatty deposit at the upper back/neck area
- Double Chin – Liposuction is extremely effective in eliminating the appearance of a double chin.
- Flanks – The sides of the waist (love handles or muffin top)
- Hips and Buttocks – Liposuction is useful in shaping and contouring the lower torso.
- Inner and Outer Thighs – Fatty deposits in the outer thighs (saddle bags) can be almost impossible to get rid of for most women. On the inner thigh, women often use liposuction treatments to help them create a “thigh gap.”
- Lower Legs – Liposuction is particularly effective in reaching fatty tissue located deep in the calf and ankle area.
- Male Breasts (Gynecomastia) – Liposuction is virtually the only treatment to effectively reduce the fatty deposits that create gynecomastia in males. In some cases, excising the breast tissue may be combined with liposuction.
- Upper Arms – Liposuction is often the best and most successful treatment for “bat wings,” the accumulation of fatty tissue in the upper arm area.
Benefits of Liposuction
There are many benefits to liposuction treatment, both physical and emotional. Most patients who undergo liposuction are thrilled with their results. Regardless of where on the body it’s performed, some of the most popular benefits of liposuction include:
- Safe and effective
- Results are permanent in the area treated
- Helps contour and shape the body
- Can be combined with additional cosmetic treatments
- Both men and women can use liposuction to create the body they want
- Increased self-confidence and self-image
- Minimally invasive
- A long history of proven use and results
- Targets specific areas of stubborn fat
Recovery Time Following Liposuction
Recovery time from liposuction treatment will vary, not only from patient to patient but also depending on the size and number of areas treated and the amount of fat removed.
If you have more than one or two areas treated at the same time, your recovery time will typically be longer. You may need to recuperate for 4-10 days before returning to your normal routine.
You should expect some swelling and bruising, which usually lasts only 4-6 weeks, depending on the patient.
Your doctor will give you customized post-procedure instructions based on the specific treatments performed.
Results from Liposuction
Results from liposuction procedures are generally considered permanent. Once the fat cells are removed, they’re gone for good. As long as you maintain consistent exercise habits and eat a healthy diet, you can keep that slimmer new silhouette that liposuction helped you achieve.
Liposuction Help is Available
There’s no need for you to continue battling pockets of stubborn fat anywhere on your body that have proven to be resistant to proper diet and regular exercise. To see if liposuction is the answer for you, contact our office and schedule your free consultation with Dr. Philpott. He will guide you in choosing the best liposuction treatment or combination of treatments to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.